It is no secret that the face has the most delicate and vulnerable skin, prone to various types of exposure. Our beauty depends on the condition and health of the skin. Even the most correct and attractive facial features will not be such if the condition of his skin leaves much to be desired.
A person is exposed to weather events daily. On his condition are reflected any “malfunctions” in the body that definitely will not go unnoticed by others.
Facial skin needs daily proper care. It is important to know how to monitor the skin of the face so that as long as possible to maintain its youth and beauty.
Determine the type of skin
In order to know how to care for your skin properly, you must determine its type.
- Dry skin. Its signs: narrowed pores, premature appearance of wrinkles, “tightness”. Caring for such skin is aimed at nourishing and moisturizing.
- Oily skin. It gives out a characteristic shine, a tendency to inflammation and acne, enlarged pores and comedones. Care for it is to normalize the sebaceous glands, narrowing the pores.
- Normal skin. It is devoid of the disadvantages inherent in oily and dry skin, but still needs daily care.
- Combination skin. This type of skin contains different areas. For example, a fat forehead and cheeks can combine with dry cheeks. Each zone on the face needs its own care. It is advisable not to use substances for combined care, as they do not have the proper effect on the skin, being just a commercial move.
- Sensitive skin. She reacts to any effects, is problematic in the selection of cosmetics. Needs careful selection of cosmetic and “care” products.
Regardless of skin type, it is important to observe the following universal principles for daily face care.
How to care for your face every day?
- Cleansing. You need to cleanse your face twice a day, in the morning before applying makeup and in the evening before bedtime. Cosmetologists do not recommend using soap for this purpose, since it too tightens the skin, and also violates the normal acidity of the dermis. A much greater effect in the removal of dead cells, excess fat and dirt, residues of cosmetics, have special foams, lotions and creams for washing, cosmetic milk or mousse.
- Toning. You need to tone the skin after cleaning it. This is also done twice a day. Use tonic lotions is necessary for all skin types. The tonic normalizes the skin condition, moisturizes it, tightens the pores, preparing the skin for further care. This is an important step in how to keep an eye on a face that some women in vain neglect. Tonics “awaken” the skin, have an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Protection and hydration. For this purpose, nourishing and moisturizing creams are used. The use of a day cream is recommended during the day, and the application of a night cream at night. Day and night creams contain different active ingredients. Day cream can be used as a base for makeup. To choose day and night creams is necessary in strict accordance with the type of skin. For combination skin, it is advisable to select creams for each problem area. The use of creams has a protective effect, preventing the negative effects of ultraviolet radiation.
- Nutrition. Night creams are responsible for skin nutrition. Apply the cream after cleansing the skin and using a tonic. Beauticians recommend not using night-time nourishing creams on the skin of the eyelids. Apply the cream with light movements along the lines of minimal skin stretching.
Peelings, scrubs and masks
When discussing how to care for a face, it is impossible to disregard skin cleaning methods such as using scrubs.
The procedure for cleaning the skin with scrubs is called peeling. Scrubs allow you to mechanically remove keratinized particles, cosmetic residues, dust and dirt from the surface of the dermis. As scrubs, you can use sugar, fine sea salt, ground coffee. Peeling is not worth it. The procedure is preferably carried out no more than once a week.
As for the masks, they can be either purchased ready-made or prepared from homemade ingredients. Masks are used to cleanse the skin, its healing and nutrition. As means for masks, therapeutic muds, sour-milk products, decoctions of plants or their juice are used.
Caring for the skin around the eyes
The skin around the eyes is a special area of the face. Here the skin is the thinnest and most delicate. It is constantly exposed to cosmetics, so it is prone to wrinkles before others. To care for this area, special creams are used that have a nourishing, tonic and anti-aging effect.
Proper care is not only a reasonable selection of cosmetic and “care” products purchased taking into account the type of skin and product quality. This is also a consideration of the woman’s age. At every age, the skin requires the use of appropriate means that can satisfy its needs at every stage.