Growing hair is very hard. For a lot of reasons. One of the biggest reasons why we get frustrated and usually give up on our hair, even if we spend a lot of money and effort on its growth, is the fact that it is such a slow endeavor.
Hair grows at a turtle-like pace.
But that being said, all hope is not lost. So if you’ve been experiencing any form of hair loss, you’d be happy to know that there’s an all-natural solution that can help. Yes, one of the best ways to go about this problem, the problem of weak hair or hair that is slowly but surely starting to thin, is to use onions.
It might sound weird and bizarre at first, but there are some real benefits of onions for your hair growth. Below we will instruct you on how to use onion juice for hair growth.
But first, let’s look at the amazing benefits of using onion juice in your hair.
Both users and hair professionals agree that when used on a consistent basis, you can experience so amazing benefits to your hair. Keep in mind that this is not a one-time usage but rather regular application over several weeks.
Here are some interesting facts related to onion juice and hair growth:
- Onions are rich in dietary sulfur – And hair follicles need sulfur to regenerate.
- Sulfur also has an additional benefit in that it makes the hair stronger. Stronger hair means less hair breaking and more stability
- Onion juice is rich in many antioxidants. All those antioxidants will help your hair stay strong, as well as stop it from turning gray.
- Another great benefit of onion juice is its ability to fight bacteria. With enough onion juice use, you will get rid of all those unnecessary bacteria that swirl around your hair from day to day.
- Onion Juice helps to improve blood circulation in your scalp.
And you may or may not know that to grow strong hair with stable follicles, you need good blood circulation.
Now that we’ve looked at some of the benefits of using onion juice in your hair, we can then move on to the application aspect of the remedy.
So here’s what you’ll need:
- Two to three large onions
- An essential oil of choice.
- A blender
- A small strainer or cheesecloth
- Small container to pour the juice.
- A ball of cotton.
Here’s How To Prepare Your Onion Juice Mixture
Peel the onions and chop them into small pieces. Blend the small pieces until you have a mixture that is almost firm.
Place the strainer over a bowl or container. Pour the blended mixture into the strainer and use a spoon to press it down to get all the juice out into the container underneath.
Add a few drops of essential oil such as lavender or peppermint to help mask the smell of the onions.
Use a small piece of cotton and dip it in the onion juice. Divide your hair so that the areas of your head that are low in hair get exposed.
Apply the juice all over your head, but be sure to pay special attention to the places on your head where the hair is its thinnest.
Cover your head with a shower cap and let the remedy sit in for at least one hour.
Once the time is up, wash your hair with a mild organic shampoo and rinse well with warm water.
And that’s it!
For best results, use this onion juice remedy at least 3 times per week for at least 4-6 weeks. This remedy is very effective but you must be consistent over a period of time. The only downside is that it is time-consuming.
But if you do have time on your hands, this is definitely a remedy that should be a part of your weekly hair care routine.